Outsourced CFO Firm to Provide Temporary CFO Services
Why Do I Need An Outsourced CFO?
Accurate financial planning, forecasting and modeling are essential to the successful growth of any business. What is an outsourced CFO? An outsourced CFO or chief financial officer can provide experienced insight when big decisions are on the line and also, step back to provide a better view of the company’s overall financial health on a monthly basis.
A C-Suite without an internal or full time CFO may sound like a new idea but it is the way of the future. If your company was not founded with a CFO or chief financial officer as a core part of your leadership team or if that team member has moved on as you have grown, an our outsourced CFO services may provide the perfect level of collaboration, experience and affordability that is right for your company. We provide fractional CFO services and temporary CFO services so you can customize your outsourcing to tailor to your business needs.
Learn how an Outsourced Accounting Partner can help you grow
Outsourced CFO Services include, but are not limited to:
- Business development
- Exit planning
- Risk mitigation
- Audit support
- Board presentations
- Raising capital
- Lead B2B transactions
- Oversee due diligence on purchase or sale of business
Interim CFO Roles
CFO duties vary on an ongoing, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The CFO’s main job is to provide strategic insight, guidance, support and coaching to clients in order to build a trusting relationship.
- Strategic development, support, and consulting
- Develop deep relationships with senior management, external partners, and stakeholders
- Provide professional financial advice to the client while building a trusting relationship
- Look for ways to cut costs and improve profitability
- Evaluate health of the business
- Focus on goal attainment for client
- Delivery of consulting services to improve financial results
- Project planning and strategic consulting
- Review cash flow forecasting
- Lead complex business and financial negotiations
- Develop balance sheet strategies for safety & strength
- Integrate financial thought leadership into strategic & operational planning
HOW WILL OUTSOURCING IMPROVE YOUR BUSINESS
In the earliest days of your small business, you handled many of your most important administrative processes. But what saved you money back then may be costing you money now.
As a business owner, your time is far too valuable to spend handling your own administrative or financial processes. Here’s how outsourcing improves your business and makes you a more effective leader:
- Saves money that you might otherwise spend on an internal employee
- Saves time that you might otherwise spend handling your financial processes
- Gives you access to industry-leading CFO services
- Helps you scale your business
- Ensures that you maintain compliance with federal or industry guidelines
Outsourced CFO services allow you to tap into guidance that will help you boost efficiency, increase profitability, and grow your business. But perhaps most importantly, partnering with an outsourced CFO firm saves you from having to perform your own back-office tasks, keeping you focused on your business.
With an Outsourced CFO You Get Greater Financial Expertise
CFOs are more experienced in M&A transactions, strategy and long term financial growth than Controllers or Accounting Managers. A CFO will have at least 10 years of experience in a leadership capacity. The TGG CFO team has a depth of experience without having become rigid in one industry. The TGG Way™ provides reliable accounting structures that allow for more flexibility in problem solving and collaboration by our CFOs. The solid accounting processes support clear decisions and confident forecasting and future-pacing for the companies we work with.
Outsource Your CFO With TGG Accounting
With a higher level of internal controls and added layers of review, your outsourced CFO is there to guide big decisions, see the trends in the market, help the company pivot when necessary while creating financial understanding and security across the organization.
READ OUR CASE STUDIES:
How does TGG charge for these services?
TGG charges on a time & materials basis. We develop a custom approach for each client that includes a monthly project plan. Our teams communicate when changes arise and provide full transparency when it comes to cost and budgets so there are no surprises.
What is outsourcing in finance?
It’s hardly unusual for companies to rely on third-party providers for things like logistics, marketing, or web development. But what is outsourcing in finance? The extent of these outsourced services can vary, but they typically include a financial team of accountants, controllers, and CFOs who handle your financial information by preparing reports, analyzing your data, and offering insight regarding the future of your company.
Outsourcing CFO services, for example, allows you to tap into the benefits of a world-class CFO even if your business lacks the resources to hire in this advanced position. As a result, you’ll receive the same benefits of a full-time CFO — but at a price that a growing business can afford.
What businesses benefit the most from outsourced CFOs?
Any business that does not employ an internal CFO can benefit from an outsourced CFO. At TGG, the most important thing for our CFOs is the client relationship. Our CFOs build trusted relationships with the business owner and provide financial expertise and guidance to help them achieve their goals – both personal and business. Working with an outsourced CFO is more cost effective for small businesses than a full-time hire. Additionally, the TGG outsourcing CFO function is to provide indirect access to the collective knowledge and experience of the entire Company.
What is the importance of a financial strategy?
Every business needs a financial strategy as a key component of the goal setting and decision making processes. A financial strategy establishes how a business will use and manage financial resources in order to meet its goals. Lastly, it shows whether goals are realistic and is the actionable roadmap for the business.
What financial services do we offer? TGG offers a variety of accounting and finance services. These include, but are not limited to, outsourced accounting, finance consulting, exit planning, operational reporting, cash flow forecasting and outsourced CFO services.
What is an outsourced CFO?
An outsourced CFO, or chief financial officer, is an expert who works with your business through a financial firm. A fractional CFO service allows you to hire a CFO on a part-time basis. This person brings all of the credentials of a regular CFO; however, they work remotely and offer support at a fraction of the cost of hiring for an executive-level position. Depending on the provider, the CFO will provide guidance through remote communication and regular reports.
What does an outsourced CFO do?
What are CFO services? While other financial professionals might focus on individual accounting tasks or data management, a CFO will provide high-level guidance based on your current data. The CFO will serve as a business strategist, helping you devise and track key performance indicators (KPIs) and ensure that your organization’s core processes remain aligned with your vision, values, and long-term goals.
What are the top CFO responsibilities to have on a regular basis?
Outsourced CFO solutions can include anything that an in-house executive would complete, including:
- Creating financial reports
- Building financial models
- Reconciling income and expenses
- Tracking cash flow
- Advising other business leaders on strategy
By partnering with TGG, you’ll also have access to a complete team that includes a controller and an accounting manager. This means that a CFO’s contribution will only be part of the benefits you receive when outsourcing.
How do you know when you should outsource a CFO?
You should start thinking about outsourcing CFO services when you:
- Struggle to understand your financial data
- Are unsure of your company’s financial health
- Need to align your departments with your company’s vision
- Are faced with increased regulatory challenges
- Want to adjust your business strategy
Outsourcing will help you save time, and it can also give you access to strategic insights that you may not have had on your own. There’s never a bad time to consider CFO outsourcing, and the sooner you implement these services, the sooner you can plot a new course for your organization’s future.
How to find a great outsourced CFO service provider
How can you find your future CFO? Outsourced financial firms are increasingly common, but not every firm will align with your business model or goals. Consider taking these steps to find a great outsourced CFO service:
- Asking for referrals from business partners and other providers
- Looking at company reviews and testimonials from other users
- Comparing CFO services with your business needs
- Determining whether the provider has experience in your industry
- Preparing for any problems in transitioning from your current system to outsourcing
- Ensuring that the provider’s pricing model fits your budget
At TGG, we pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive set of services that fit a variety of company sizes and industries. And because we pair you with an entire team of financial experts, you’ll receive the full range of benefits of a well-equipped financial team.
Questions You Should Ask When Evaluating an Outsourced CFO
Before you transition to a chief financial officer outsource service, consider the following questions:
- What are my current (and future) business goals?
- Does this provider understand my industry?
- How frequently can I communicate with my financial team?
- Will I have access to my financial data?
- What credentials does the CFO possess?
- Can my business afford the regular cost of an outsourced CFO?
- What is the company’s track record?
Most of these questions can be answered by exploring the provider’s website or reading customer testimonials. At TGG, we’re also here to answer any questions: Feel free to contact us for more information.